The UAMS CardioVascular Center (UCVC) serves as a hub for cross disciplinary endeavors in cardiology, imaging, pharmacy, pediatrics, pharmacology, toxicology, distance health, and community outreach. Here clinicians and researchers combine efforts to improve patient health through communication, collaboration, and innovation.
The UCVC Mission is to identify and provide unique opportunities to expand and improve cardiovascular patient care, enable new discoveries, and train the next generation of physicians and scientists at UAMS and its partner institutions.
National Wear Red Day - Friday, February 7, 2014: Did you know heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined? For 10 years, the American Heart Association has sponsored National Wear Red Day to raise awareness in the fight. At UAMS, we are committed to this campaign, and in partnership with the Central Arkansas American Heart Association, we ask all employees, residents, and students to join us as we Go Red. Show your support by wearing red and take advantage of these activities and specials being offered.
· Join us on the stairs of the UAMS Library at 12:30 pm, February 7th for a group photo showing our strong commitment at UAMS in this fight to end the No. 1 killer of our mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends.
· Stop by the UAMS Cafeteria, The Atrium, The Gathering Place, or the Lobby Café on February 7th and receive an extra 10% discount on heart healthy items for employees, residents and students wearing red.
· Wear red on February 7th and get an additional 10% discount on all UAMS logo merchandise at the Campus Bookstore.
· Purchase a heart shirt from the UAMS Gift Shop on February 7th and receive a 30% discount in support of National Wear Red Day.
· Visit one of our information tables located outside the UAMS Cafeteria and the first floor of COPH on February 6th and 7th and purchase a red dress pin ($2 donation with proceeds going to research).
· Sign up for the Central Arkansas Heart Walk on Saturday, April 26 at Burns Park. Sign up sheets will be available at the information tables. Go TEAM UAMS!
The UCVC Seminar Series will hold it's next seminar on Wednesday, February 12 at 12:00 p.m. in Education II, Room G137. Vladimir Zharov, Ph.D., D.Sc., Professor and Director, Arkansas Nanomedicine Center, Josephine T. Gill Chair in Head and Neck Cancer Reesarch, will be this month's featured presenter. He will present "Early diagnosis and prevention of cardiovascular disorder by in vivo detection of circulating biomarkers." The UCVC Seminar Series is offered once per month in conjunction with Cardiology Grand Rounds.
UCVC Research Updates will meet on Tuesday, February 18 @ 4:00 p.m. in Biomedical Research I, Room B300. UCVC Research Updates meets regularly on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
To join the UCVC or volunteer to help with upcoming activities, please email Pam Kahler. We welcome all faculty, fellows, and students to join!